Today I chat with my friend and mentor Alexia Vernon about why self-care is so important when organizing events and her best advice for setting up a live workshop or retreat, including her go-to healthy habits and lessons she’s learned in 15 years of workshop facilitation to keep stress down.
I’ve been to many live events and workshops Lex has facilitated, and she’s my go-to lady for creating a transformational experience for participants and audience members AND for making good money doing it as a business while staying in her mission of supporting emerging leaders.
She’s also our first repeat guest on the Feed Your Hustle Podcast, and I follow up with her about how she’s putting into practice the healthy launch tips she committed to in episode 7 during the currently underway launch of her new program Your Spotlight Workshop.
“One of the things I love working on is figuring out what is the interactive way to marry what you do with your audience’s learning needs.” – Alexia Vernon
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- What a live workshop is and why it’s a LOT less stressful than doing an online launch
- The four key phases of a workshop to create a truly transformational experience for participants
- How to give your participants the resources they need to take what they learned in a workshop and transfer it to their own lives
- Exactly what she did to take care of herself during her latest launch (like having her husband cook dinner!)
- How she uses movement to get workshop participants out of their head and into her material
- Her go-to mantra that she uses in daily guided meditation
Mentioned in this episode:
Alexia’s workshop trainings (only available until Sept. 1):
- Workshops that Wow Master Class – info-packed webinars for 8/21/15 – 8/27/15
- Workshops that Wow free video training series
- My Feed Your Hustle Meal Plan, your bonus (along with an exclusive 1-1 strategy session with me!) when you purchase Your Spotlight Workshop
Other useful links:
- alexiavernon.com – Alexia’s main website
- #7 Healthy Launching & Speaking with Mamapreneur Alexia Vernon – Alexia’s first appearance on the Feed Your Hustle podcast!
- 3 Key Business Investments that Changed My Life – last week’s blog post
- Finding Your Balance in Vegas (I’ve come a long ways…)
- The Feed Your Hustle Facebook group – to continue the conversation!
Do you do workshops or plan to? What’s your best tip #feedyourhustle tip?
Share with us in the comments below!
And subscribe to this podcast:
Warmth and joy,
P.S. Loved this episode? Subscribe, rate, and review the podcast in iTunes. It only takes a second but will help this much-needed convo reach your sister entrepreneurs!
As an Architect turned Plant Scientist turned Healthy Living Strategist, I help female entrepreneurs who don’t want to choose health over hustle make healthy living part of their business plan.
WANT TO JOIN ME? (YOU’LL LOVE IT.)
Sign up here to join my lovely community and get actionable & strategic insight every week. (It’s free!)