Before, when Cathy would tell someone what she did, she would say, “I teach women how to listen to their bodies as the true source of wisdom.”
It’s beautiful, flowery language. And it sounds wise and metaphorical. But unfortunately, it wasn’t language that helped her ideal clients understand if they needed what she had to offer.
When Cathy came to me, we got underneath her tendency to overthink the words she used. Which led us to choosing a more specific niche, gave her more tangible language to express herself, and helped her finally connect with the people who needed her most.
In this episode, you’ll have a behind-the-scenes look into how Cathy stopped overthinking and started putting herself out there to be seen and get clients.
“Understanding how to express what I do has given me the confidence to show up more.” – Cathy Cochrane
- Are you a new coach who is ready to help others but doesn’t have the biz know-how in place? In the New Coach Challenge, my two business besties and I teach you how to communicate, market, monetize your business. And best part of all? It’s 100% free. Click here to sign up.
- What’s your biggest aha from this episode? Head over to the Unforgettable Facebook group and share it.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- How niching down saved her from missing out on ideal opportunities
- What truly helped her to stop overthinking and start connecting with her ideal clients
- Which small shift you can make in your next conversation to move the focus from how you do business to how you can help
- Which of her biggest ‘a-ha’ moments led to more clarity and confidence when talking about what she does
Links from the Episode:
- Cathy’s gifts for us: Listen to Your Body audio and Better Breakfast Builder to keep a clear head throughout the day
- Cathy’s website
- (Episode 57) Want to Win Clients? Choose Clear Over Clever
- (Episode 51) A Life Coach Goes from Hard-to-Explain to Clear and Compelling with Christi Daniels
- (Article) Read This When Your Heart is Breaking
- (Article) How to Find Hope and Motivation After Divorce
Hi! I’M ADRIA DECORTE, M.S., Clarity Coach
Drawing on my experience as a TEDx speaker and my architecture background, I help coaches and entrepreneurs with big missions figure out what they really do and communicate their value so their ideal clients raise their hands to pay them and their business starts to hustle for them.
TIRED OF FEELING INVISIBLE IN A SEA OF OTHERS WHO DO THE “SAME” THING?
Sign up here to discover what makes you stand out from the crowd.