I used to think I needed to pump myself up before going on video or on stage. Or sculpt what I wanted to say before raising my hand and speaking up so that it was insightful and interesting enough.
I would unconsciously put on a “performance” with the energy or words I thought people would respond to from me.
Over the last few years, with the help of many coaches and mentors, I’ve learned that I can just BE, and I don’t need to do or say anything special.
I will still be loved, people will still be inspired, clients will still want to work with me. And the result is I’m more relaxed, less drained, and people feel like they’re really seeing ME.
Well, I had a major breakthrough two weeks before I ran my recent Niche Clarity Challenge that peeled back another layer of this (there’s always more) and shifted EVERYTHING: My promotion. How I led the challenge. The subsequent enrollment of this round of Get Clear, Get Clients.
After an intense weekend of support from my mentor Jesse Koren, I emerged no longer willing to perform, try, or push.
In Unforgettable #119, I’m taking you deep behind the scenes (and inside my head) of that launch plus sharing how to identify where you may be unconsciously performing ~ which could majorly affect how you show up in your business and messaging.
Listen in and you’ll learn:
- The nuanced difference between performing and showing up real
- Why performing is SO draining (and how to know if you’re doing it)
- How to focus on connecting with your people without unconsciously manipulating (the magic space in the middle)
- What it looks like to not try or push and still get the same results (aka clients)
Deeper support from me:
- I privately coach & message for select clients to realign, define, & refine your messaging to reach your next level of impact. Book a Clarity Call to explore the possibility of working together.
- Follow me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes and deeper stories around this conversation.