This is my favorite raw pasta ever and has my secret healthy ingredient for achieving a great texture.
I adapted it from my favorite raw recipe video series “Savory Raw Dinner Recipes”. But of course I added my own twist – a little less sweet, a little more chunky!
½ cup sundried tomatoes (pre-soaked for 10+ minutes)
¼ cup fresh basil
2 dates (pitted)
2 garlic scapes, garlic chives, or garlic cloves
2 green onion leaves or ¼ cup onion
¼ tsp dried oregano
Secret Chunky Ingredient:
1 cup mushrooms
Raw Pasta Ingredient:
3 yellow squash (to make it yellow, but feel free to use zucchini instead)
- If your squash is cold from the fridge, soak in warm water while you prep the rest of the ingredients to take the chill off.
- Using a blender, blend the marinara ingredients until thoroughly blended and creamy.
- Using a food processor*, process the mushrooms until diced finely with a crumbly texture.
- Add the mushrooms to the marinara and mix.
- Spiralize the yellow squash into noodles.
- Mix the sauce and noodles.
*If you don’t have a food processor, you can chop the mushrooms finely with a knife.
Spiralizers I Recommend:
The spiralizer I use is the Joyce Chen Spiral Slicer. Some of the other bloggers I know (and trust) recommend the Paderno Wold Cuisine Spiral Vegetable Model. Both of these are in the $20/30 range so don’t break the bank. These are both affiliate links so I make a few quarters if you click and purchase, but it doesn’t cost you any extra. Thanks for supporting my blog!
If you don’t have a spiralizer, you could use a vegetable peeler to make strips or julienne the squash finely with a knife. If you don’t have yellow squash, use zucchini. The yellow squash just makes it look even more like spaghetti.
Check out my article Zucchini Pasta Made Easy for more help creating raw pastas and using the spiralizer.
Now your turn. Go make this and tell me how it goes in the comments!