Do you constantly find yourself struggling to meet deadlines – so much so that your self care falls off the table with every launch or big event?
In this episode with Hillary Rubin, we redefine self care. We talk about living deliberately, adapting your business to the twists and turns in your personal life, moving deadlines back to give yourself more time, and self care as part of your lifestyle rather than a special ritual.
Hillary Rubin is a Life & Business Coach for coaches, creator of The Art of Becoming a Coach training program, Breakthrough to Coaching Experience Summit, and Meditate, Create & Liberate Coaching e-course. She helps women around the world create lasting change to have more deliberate lives and businesses. She’s been featured in The Los Angeles Times, Yoga Journal and The Daily Worth.com.
In addition, Hillary’s business was her baby until she decided it was time to become a real mama in her early 40’s. Something becoming more common for us female entrepreneurs who want to have it all.
During my conversation with Hillary, we went in an entirely different direction than I expected – which is the beauty of this show! Hopefully you’ll come away with as many aha moments as I did.
“When you know what drains you and fuels you – that’s self care.” – Hillary Rubin
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- The single biggest self care challenge for coaches and why it’s bogus
- A fun daily practice that will help you develop a healthy relationship with uncertainty
- The different look of her workweek self-care pre-baby versus as a new mama (and how to give yourself permission to be okay where you’re at)
- The ways her business has evolved along with her life changes (and how she’s leaning into it)
- Why it’s okay for you as a busy woman to choose a shower over yoga or meditation
- How self care is actually part of your lifestyle not a ritual to add to your to-do list
Mentioned in this episode:
- The Art of Becoming a Coach
- Breakthrough to Coaching Experience
- Breaking the Rules: The Art of Business for Coaches 5-Part Blog Series
- The Fire Starter Sessions by Danielle LaPorte
- The Feed Your Hustle Facebook group – to continue the conversation beyond the episode!!
Share what drains you and what fuels you in the comments below.
Go ahead because I want to know!
And subscribe to this podcast:
Warmth and joy,
P.S. Loved this episode? Leave the podcast a 5 star rating or review in iTunes. It only takes a second but will help this much-needed community conversation reach your sister entrepreneurs!
As an Architect turned Plant Scientist turned Healthy Living Strategist, I help female entrepreneurs who don’t want to choose health over hustle make healthy living part of their business plan.
WANT TO JOIN ME? (YOU’LL LOVE IT.)
Sign up here to join my lovely community and get actionable & strategic insight every week. (It’s free!)